Catastrophic Injury Attorney
When you call the Rubin Law Firm regarding a catastrophic injury we will evaluate your case at no cost and lay out options to help compensate for medical bills, lost wages, pain and suffering, permanent disability, and mental anguish. Our office provides free no obligation consultations at 512-439-2299.
Catastrophic injuries are different in that they may have serious and lasting effects on the victim. These types of injuries can cause permanent disabilities limiting the victim from being able to take care of him or herself and obtain employment. Examples of catastrophic injuries include but are not limited to:
Types of Injuries
- Amputation: A person may suffer from a surgical amputation as a result from a car collision. The injured person may lose an arm, leg, hand or foot. The lost of a limb can present significant or drastic physical limitation for the injured party. Undergoing an amputation can be extremely costly and require rehabilitation and possibly, prosthetics as well as a lifetime of healthcare expenses.
- Disfigurement: Disfigurement occurs when an individual’s appearance is damaged or harmed, whether in the soft tissue, skin, ligaments, muscles, bone, or elsewhere on the body.
- Serious burns: Burn injuries to your skin are one of the most painful injuries you body can endure. Burns may be categorized as: Thermal, Light Burns, Chemical burns, and Electrical burns. A victim can sustain burns from a defective product, in a car collision, or in a construction accident.
- Organ damage: Accidents may result in damages to internal organs in a manner that impairs the organ's ability to function properly.
- Paralysis: Spinal cord damage is one of the most serious and common effects of a traumatic workplace or vehicle accident. A spinal cord injury may result from a lifting incident or a sudden impact, and it may result in total or partial paralysis.
Catastrophic Injury Settlement
Spine Injury - $437,555.00
In 2010, A.W. was a passenger involved in a serious car accident. As a result of the collision, A.W. had to undergo painful surgery resulting in implantation of metal rods and brackets in her spine. A.W. hired the attorneys at the Rubin Law Firm who pursued multiple insurance policies and recovered every penny of available insurance available for A.W.
- Gross Recovery: $437,555.00 (combined policy limits)
- Attorney’s Fees: $109,388.75
- Attorneys Expenses: $531.52
- Client Gross Recovery: $327,634.73