Semi-Truck & 18 Wheeler Accident Lawyers
Semi-Truck & 18 Wheeler Accident Lawyers providing representation for victims who have been severely injured.
18-wheelers and other large commercial vehicles can weigh 80,000 pounds or more. They require greater acceleration and deceleration time than the average passenger vehicle and have multiple blind spots. These factors make 18-wheelers and large commercial vehicles extremely dangerous. Being involved in a collision with these large, fast-moving vehicles often results in serious injuries and catastrophic loss.
Semi-Truck & 18 Wheeler Injuries
- Head Injury/Traumatic Brain Injury
- Spinal Cord Injuries and Paralysis
- Amputations, Disfigurement
- Burns and Disfigurement
- Wrongful Death
Who is Liable?
Semi-truck or 18 wheeler litigation often involves multiple parties who may be responsible for the victim’s injuries.
- The driver of the truck.
- The owner of the semi-truck or 18 Wheeler.
- The person or company that leased the truck or trailer from the owner.
- The manufacturer of the vehicle, tires, or other parts that may have caused the accident.
- The shipper or loader of the truck’s cargo (in cases involving improper loading).
The leasing companies, manufacturers, and haulers may argue amongst themselves over who will compensate the injured party. Because there may be several parties involved, you may need legal counsel to help you navigate through the complex commercial world.
SEMI-TRUCK & 18-WHEELER SETTLEMENT
▸ Commercial Truck Collision - $300,000.00
A commercial truck ran a red light at a speed of over 50 mph and slammed into the driver’s side of our client B.B.’s vehicle, completely destroying B.B.’s vehicle, causing an 18-inch intrusion into the cabin space in the process. Although B.B was properly restrained and the airbag fired as designed, he suffered severe bodily injuries, including Traumatic Brain Injury with significant cerebral concussion. The Rubin Law Firm obtained the limits of the commercial policy on behalf of B.B.
- Gross Recovery: $300,000.00 (policy limits)
- Attorney’s Fees: $100,000.00
- Attorneys Expenses: $1,548.85
- Client Gross Recovery: $198,451.15
Contact an experienced attorney today. (512) 439-2299
*Source: Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration, Texas Department of Transportation